Thursday, September 21, 2017

Introduction


Hi, I am Mady Messer and I am excited to be an ArtsBridge Scholar this semester! I will be teaching Mrs. Segura's Gifted and Talented 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classes at JR Smith Elementary School. I grew up dancing in my moms creative dance studio and recently have loved finding ways to implement curriculum into creative dance. I grew up competing in clogging and taking various dance classes including ballet, jazz, hip hop and lyrical. In college I was introduced into the world of contemporary dance and fell in love. I spent spring of 2017 traveling to elementary schools throughout Utah Valley with BYU's Kinnect Dance Company performing and teaching children creative dance lesson plans based on Utah's core curriculum.  I am excited to spend time with and have fun dancing with these students at JR Smith Elementary!

No comments:

Post a Comment